Author Notes: I have been experimenting with dressings to spice up salads, kale in particular. This is one of a few that I have been dressing up my salads with regularly. I am especially devoted to using Bates and Schmitt's organic apple cider vinegar, but I have to admit that I am not very knowledgeable about maple syrups. I think that the sweetness of this dressing would also complement fruit salads, like apples and pears with soft butter lettuce and maybe some crunchy walnuts. —dymnyno
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 cup olive oil
- Using a whisk, mix together maple syrup, cider vinegar, soy sauce, pomegranate molasses, mustard and minced garlic.
- Pour the olive oil into the mixture while continuing to whisk the ingredients until the emulsion becomes very smooth.
- Just before tossing with the salad, whisk a bit more to make sure that is is smooth.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe