Author Notes: A simple tart recipe for any seasonal fruit!
Apples, blueberries, strawberries...you name it! —Adriana Gallo
Makes one tart
- 1 pie crust ( pre-made or homemade)
- 2 cups seasonal fruit
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss the fruit with the sugar, zest, and vanilla until coated.
- Lay piecrust in a pie dish or on a baking sheet with wax paper. A glass pie dish is the best; it bakes the crust more evenly. Then pour in the fruit mixture. Fold the sides of the crust over the fruit mixture, the fruit will not be completely covered, just make sure the edges are sealed.
- Bake the tart until the crust is firm to the touch and slightly browned. Brush the crust with a beaten egg before baking for a nicely browned crust.