If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are not only the the best tasting pancakes I’ve ever had, but also the healthiest, and I’ve tasted way more than my fair share of pancakes. —Cookhacker
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Organic Whole Grain High Fiber Hot Cereal with Flaxseed, ground
- 1 teaspoon Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Flax seed, ground
- 1/4 cup Walnuts, chopped (almonds can be substituted)
- 10 Dates, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil (to grease the pan)
- Blueberries, Strawberries
- Grind the Hot Cereal for about 20-30 seconds until it reaches a flour-like consistency, then grind the flaxseed and set both aside (a coffee grinder works really well).
- Beat the 2 egg whites for about 1-2 minutes until they form stiff peaks and set aside
- Whisk together the milk and egg yolks in a medium bowl
- Combine the ground cereal, baking powder, ground flaxseed, nuts, dates and raisins
- Add the dry mixture to the milk/egg yolk mixture and stir well to combine
- Stir in the ground cinnamon
- Gently fold in beaten egg whites
- If needed, stir in up to 3 tablespoons water to achieve a good pancake batter-like consistency
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat until a drop of water skitters across the pan. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using about ¼ cup for each pancake.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides and serve topped with your favorite fruit (I prefer blueberries and strawberries), real maple syrup and a dollop of vanilla yogurt!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory