If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This pie never lasts , I have to double the recipe ALWAYS! Its VEGAN and and SUGAR -FREE —byDimples
Makes 1 9 inch pie
blueberries,vegan butter, coconut sugar or agave nectar
- 5 cups frozen blueberries
- 4 tablespoons COLD vegan butter (earth balance)
- 1 cup coconut sugar or 3/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vingear
- 1 pinch extra fine black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnimon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon extra fine sea salt
Frozen Vegan pie crust
- 2 9 inch frozen pie crusts
- In a large bowl mix blueberries, salt & spices,flour,lemon juice,vinegar and sugar . Let the berries marinate for 30 -60 minutes.
- Heat oven 450 degrees.
- About 30 prior to baking take out pie crusts . Turn your top crusts upside down on parchment paper. With a fork poke a few holes in the bottom of crust.
- Fill pie crust with the marinated berries. Don't forget the juice. Cut the vegan butter into small pieces and place all over the berries .
- Take the top crust and place it on top of the vegan butter and berries .Pinch the sides to seal the pie .Poke holes on the top of the pie.
- Bake pie at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees and bake for another 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown