If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tart but sweet, a versatile dressing for a fruit salad that can be a glaze or simply by folding in some whipped cream it becomes a creamy sauce - yummy over strawberries. My mother in law served this every year at Christmas dinner - it was a nice light touch after a big meal. I love to serve it in the summer- cool and refreshing - after a bbq'ed meal. —LuvLatte
Makes: 1/2 cup maybe more
granulated white sugar
- Grate the zest from each fruit into a medium sauce pan; then squeeze the juice from each fruit into the sauce pan.
- Stir into the zest and juice, the egg and sugar.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil. Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and let cool; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Variation: to make a creamy dressing, when cooled, fold in 1/2 cup whipped cream. Cover and return to refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Dressing, without whipped cream, will keep covered in the refrigerator for 1 week. This works for any fruit, solo or combinations that you like. For a special occassion I have grated dark chocolate over the creamy sauce, and have also added toasted sliced almonds for a nice crunch; granola is good to.