If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Like many families, my husband and I have made a tradition of eating breakfast together almost every morning. And while I am happy to make breakfast for him on the weekdays, he knows that there are a small handful of things I'm willing to make in the morning: oatmeal with chia seeds, eggs with toast, or these pancakes, which are always a family favorite. —MadisonMayberry
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup self rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons granulated Stevia or granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the whole wheat four, self-rising flour, baking soda and stevia. In a second bowl, combine the buttermilk, lemon juice, lemon zest, egg and nutmeg. Beat until well-combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat until just combined.
- Lightly grease a nonstick skillet with butter. Heat over medium heat. Add batter, a 1/4 cup at a time, to the skillet. Sprinkle with some of the blueberries. When bubbles form on the surface of the pancakes, flip and continue to cook for about 2 minutes more. Serve with maple syrup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory