- Makes 4
Spring is here! when I moved to US, people would tell me that winters are really boring and now I can also relate to that thing. I am so happy when I can see some sunlight and some spring love in the form of tulips. So I dedicate these crepes to spring and summer season. I have always used leftover gol-gappa water which is made from mint to use it up and make crispy fried or baked flatbreads or puri's as we call them. They are like tortilla chips. So, I thought that I can use basil pesto to make crepes. We love basil like Italians! I always make basil pesto sandwiches for picnics or trips. And, I am sure this application of basil pesto or rather any type of pesto (I am referring arugula, asparagus ) would brighten up your summer mornings with these tasty crepes. For the filling I like some mozzarella, tomatoes, and roasted red pepper. There are so many other options you can try asparagus, mushrooms, any other cheese. —Devangi Raval
Basil Pesto , Homemade or store bought
Roasted red pepper
Medium sized onion, caramelized
Few slices of tomato
Butter for making the pancakes
- Take the first four ingredients and mix it well in a food processor or a blender.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium heat and grease it with butter and pour in about 1/3 cup of batter and swirl it around to form crepe and let it cook for about a minute or so.
- Flip on the other side and remove them on a parchment paper and make all the other crepes till the batter is over.
- Fill them up with your choice of veggies and cheese. Here I have used roasted red pepper, caramelized onions, tomatoes and thin strips of fresh mozzarella and wrap them and serve them .
- And, there you have nice and lovely green looking pesto crepes.