If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spring is here! when I moved to US, people would tell me that winters are really boring and now I can also relate to that thing. I am so happy when I can see some sunlight and some spring love in the form of tulips. So I dedicate these crepes to spring and summer season. I have always used leftover gol-gappa water which is made from mint to use it up and make crispy fried or baked flatbreads or puri's as we call them. They are like tortilla chips. So, I thought that I can use basil pesto to make crepes. We love basil like Italians! I always make basil pesto sandwiches for picnics or trips. And, I am sure this application of basil pesto or rather any type of pesto (I am referring arugula, asparagus ) would brighten up your summer mornings with these tasty crepes. For the filling I like some mozzarella, tomatoes, and roasted red pepper. There are so many other options you can try asparagus, mushrooms, any other cheese. —PistachioDoughnut
cup Basil Pesto , Homemade or store bought
cup AP Flour
Roasted red pepper
Medium sized onion, caramelized
Few slices of tomato
Butter for making the pancakes
- Take the first four ingredients and mix it well in a food processor or a blender.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium heat and grease it with butter and pour in about 1/3 cup of batter and swirl it around to form crepe and let it cook for about a minute or so.
- Flip on the other side and remove them on a parchment paper and make all the other crepes till the batter is over.
- Fill them up with your choice of veggies and cheese. Here I have used roasted red pepper, caramelized onions, tomatoes and thin strips of fresh mozzarella and wrap them and serve them .
- And, there you have nice and lovely green looking pesto crepes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory