If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Growing up, I loved the idea of brownies: fudgy, chewy, chocolaty goodness to go. But, most recipes were disappointing: too sweet, too cake-like, too dry. This recipe, adapted from a recipe found on a box of Bakers' unsweetened chocolate squares, is perfect -- no matter who makes them. —annemai
Makes: approximately 16 squares
ounces unsweetened chocolate
teaspoon vanilla extract
cup unbleached flour
- Preheat oven to 350º. Butter and flour an 8"x8' pan.
- Melt the butter and the chocolate in a double boiler. Set aside.
- Beat eggs with sugar til creamy and yellow.
- Add vanilla, chocolate and butter and mix thoroughly.
- Gently, fold in flour. Do not over mix; just fold until flour is blended in.
- Add chopped nuts, if desired
- Pour batter into pan
- Bake for 25 minutes. Brownies are done when toothpick comes out with dry crumbs on it.
- Cool and cut into 2" squares.