If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: On the weekends I prefer to make pancakes over waffles or French toast. I came across a recipe in the Better Homes and Garden cookbook for fluffy pancakes. I enjoy the recipe for the light and fluffy pancakes they create. I use this recipe as inspiration in the amount of dry ingredients to wet ingredients however, I wanted to create pancakes with more flavor in the pancake and not just through the topping. There are two version of this pancake. The flavor and color will change depending on how strong you brew the Turkish Coffee. —Amitha's Expression of Creativity
Serves about 4
Bewing the Turkish Coffee for the pancakes and icing
- 4 tablespoons Turkish Ground Coffee- French Roast
- 1/2 cup Water for stronger coffee or
- 1 cup water for weaker coffee
- Add the coffee grounds to a small pot or a Turkish coffee pot and add the water.
- Put the pot on the stove on a medium heat.
- Once it comes to a boil lightly stir the mixture until all the coffee grounds are fully combined.
- Let it come back to a boil and turn off the heat.
- Set a side.
- If you are using a Turkish coffee pot watch the mixture continually because it will boil over.
Turkish Coffee Pancakes and Turkish Coffee Icing
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Turkish Coffee
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Turksih Coffee
- 1/2 cup powder sugar
- Mix the flour, buckwheat flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, cardamon, ground ginger and salt into a medium size bowl.
- Add Turkish coffee, milk, egg, oil and vanilla to the bowl and whisk all the ingredients together until just combined.
- Heat a pan or griddle on medium heat and spray with oil.
- To make smaller size pancakes pour about one heaping tablespoon of batter and cook about 1 minute on each size.
- For large pancakes pour about three heaping tablespoons of batter for each pancake. These will take a little longer to cook on each side.
- For the icing.
- In a smaller bowl combine the 2 tablespoons of Turkish coffee and powder sugar to make the icing.
- Drizzle the icing or maple syrup on top of the pancakes and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Made with Coffee