If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Use just-picked berries, add some orange juice and zest, and you'll be rewarded with a dessert that tastes just like Spring. —Riki Shore
Makes 1 pint
- 1 quart strawberries
- 1 orange or tangerine
- 2/3 cup sugar
- teaspoons vodka
- 1. Wash, hull and slice the berries into a medium pot.
- 2. Add the juice and zest of half the orange. Eat the other half.
- 3. Add the sugar and stir well.
- 4. Turn the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is melted and the berries are beginning to breakdown. Press any larger chunks of berries with the back of a wooden spoon to break down into smaller pieces.
- 5. Allow to cool slightly, then cover and refrigerate for 4 – 6 hours. Freeze according to the instructions for your ice cream maker.