Use just-picked berries, add some orange juice and zest, and you'll be rewarded with a dessert that tastes just like Spring. —Riki Shore
orange or tangerine
In This Recipe
1. Wash, hull and slice the berries into a medium pot.
2. Add the juice and zest of half the orange. Eat the other half.
3. Add the sugar and stir well.
4. Turn the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is melted and the berries are beginning to breakdown. Press any larger chunks of berries with the back of a wooden spoon to break down into smaller pieces.
5. Allow to cool slightly, then cover and refrigerate for 4 – 6 hours. Freeze according to the instructions for your ice cream maker.