Author Notes: In this recipe, I re-create the nutritional abomination that is "Smuckers Magic Shell" using healthful oil and no added sugar.
Coconut oil tastes tropical, buttery and all-around decadent. Mixed with dark chocolate and drizzled over cold ripe mango slices, it creates that irresistible shell that begs for a spoon to crack through it. And mango is such a sweet fruit that the shell requires zero added sugar to make this a perfectly rich and indulgent dessert. Try it. TRY IT. Just trust me on this one. —Terita
- 1 chilled mango
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- Whisk together liquid coconut oil (warm room temperature) and cocoa powder until blended and smooth.
- Slice chilled mango and arrange on a plate.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce over mango and watch the oil harden on the cold fruit into a delicious shell. Crack and eat!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes