If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I live in S FL and have many friends that shrimp and lobster. Tropical fruits are very popular here as well, so i had to come up with a way to use both.
This salsa is just killer with grilled seafood, shirmp and pork as well. —jane mcmillan
Tropical Mango Salsa
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, rough chop
- 1/2 cup sweet red bell pepper, diced
- 6 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed, divided
- mango 1 large, diced
- 1/2 cup papaya
- 2 jalepenos, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
Proscuitto Wrapped Shrimp
- 24 thinly slices proscuitto
- 24 thinly siced ripe melon
- 24 shrimp, cleaned and deveined, shells removed
- 24 tablespoons brie cheese
- For the salsa, combine all salsa ingredients in a bowl, cover and chill. use 3 tablespoons of the lime juice, the other 3 mainate the shrimp in, cover and chill.
- For the wrapped shrimp. lay one piece of proscuitto flat, put a piece of melon in the middle, top with a shrimp, then 1 tablespoon of brie. Wrap the proscuitto around all the filling. Serve with salsa.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes