Author Notes: My Mother made this for me in my B-Days,and I love it!!! —NenisQ
separated Eggs (yolks and whites)
stick butter at room temperature
teaspoons baking powder
the zest of 1 lemon.
pounds of Mango is the equivlnte to 8 mangos more or less
large Cream cheese (400gr)
cup sour cream
cup icing sugar
In This Recipe
- 1) BEAT in the following order: butter, sugar, 8 egg yolks, flour, baking powder, zest, and vanilla
- 2) In a separated bowl, beat the 8 egg whites until stiff peaks
- 3) Pour the batter gradually over egg whites, folding in with rubber spatula. Do not stir
- 4) Line a 9”x13” cookie pan with a piece of parchment paper (cut the four edges to shape the angles of the corner,
- 5) Pour The batter into the pan, smooth the surface, bake for 12~13 minutes,or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, and take it out of the oven
- 6) Immediately loosen cake from edges of pan and invert onto a tea towel generously sprinkled with confectioners' sugar. Carefully remove the paper. Trim away any stiff edges, if necessary. While still hot, carefully roll cake and towel from narrow end. Cool on wire rack at least 30 minutes.
- 7) Beat the cream cheese in the blender, add the sour cream , and finally the icing sugar. and refrigerate.
- 8)Peel the Mangoes and cut into small cubes.
- 9)Unroll cake and remove towel, Spread half of of the cream cheese mixture, put the mangoes cubes an save some for decoration.
- 10) Roll up cake, and cover with the rest of the cream cheese mixture. Put some chopped mango on top, and refrigerate!!!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes