If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In my opinion, a ripe mango approaches perfection and needs nothing more than the application of ice - or heat - to serve and satisfy. In this recipe I offer both. Start with tequila, frozen chunks of mango and pineapple with a twist of fresh lime. Add a bite to the drink with a hit of fresh ginger -- or a thin slice of jalapeno pepper. . .blend with plenty of ice. More power to you if you a happen to have a Vitamix on hand.
Serve with tortilla chips, guacamole - or mango salsa.
Makes 3 1/2 cups
- 4 ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1 lime, peeled and halved
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced jalapeno without seeds (optional)
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender in the order listed and blend until silky smooth.
- Serve with tortilla chips, guacamole - or mango salsa. Relax and enjoy.
- Variations: add raspberries; substitute rum for tequila and frozen orange instead of pineapple. Create your own Mango Sunrise Surprise.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes