Author Notes: Mad scientist 'mixologist in my head' mode.. this was the end result! —Panfusine
Food52 Review: Tangorita' - Thank goodness it's always five o'clock somewhere, right? That will definitely be the my attitude when this drink is around. I generally prefer bitter over fruity drinks, but Panfusine's clever take on the margarita won me over with its fragrant complexity. The mango, tamarind, and lime form a sort-of tangy fruit brigade that is flanked by the bite of booze on the one side and earthy spice on the other. I wasn't surprised that mango and tamarind worked well here; the real surprise and stealer of the show is the chat masala, which is amazing with both the fruits and with the tequila. —fiveandspice
Makes: 2 servings
tablespoons Mango puree
teaspoon Tamarind pulp (NOT the concentrate)
Juice of 1lime
ounces Triple sec
teaspoons Chat masala
pinches aleppo pepper
tray of standard ice cubes
- Combine the ice cubes, mango & tamarind pulp in a ice crushing enabled blender and blend into a thick slush
- Combine the tequila, triple sec, lime juice, chaat masala and aleppo pepper into the same jar & pulse it once or twice to blend
- Rim the edges of margarita glasses with crushed pink Himalayan salt. Pour out the cocktail into the glasses & serve chilled with a red thai chilli as garnish.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes