If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One night I needed to use the strawberries I had and thought why not strawberry pudding. I first made this using cornstarch but the cornstarch took away from the pudding. It turned out well but just was lacking. Then after talking through it with my mother I decided to try Tapioca flour/Starch. I know this is not a common household ingredient but it is worth trying. It's used in gluten free baking and it a great thickener. —Amitha's Expression of Creativity
Serves: 4 to 6
cups strawberry purée
tablespoons tapioca flour/starch
cup lemon juice
tablespoon lemon zest
- In a medium saucepan mix the tapioca flour, sugar and salt.
- While mixing, slowly add the milk. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the strawberry purée.
- Turn on the stove to medium low heat and stir the mixture constantly.
- When the mixtures thickens to coat the back of the spoon or boils cook for two minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot filling into the egg; return all to the pan, stir until well combined.
- Add back to the heat and cook for two minutes more stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and add, lemon juice, lemon zest and butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour into individual cups and refrigerate until completely cooled. This will take 3 to 4 hours or overnight.