If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I adore the idea of sweets for breakfast. I love cakes and I love fruit, and so I thought it would be fun to make a cake that would be just as versatile for breakfast as it would for afternoon tea. —Dionne Christiansen
- 1 cup Dried Apricots
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 7 tablespoons Chopped Butter
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Self-rising Flour
- 1 Sliced Orange
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Confectioners Sugar to Dust
- Maple Syrup to drizzle on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Place the apricot, boiling water and Baking Soda into a bowl and allow to stand for 5 minutes to soften.
- Mix the apricot mixture in a Food Processor until mushy.
- Beat together the Butter and Sugar in a separate bowl and then add the apricot mixture.
- Add the Eggs and the Flour and then mix to combine.
- Pour into a lightly greased Bundt Pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool and then drizzle with Maple Syrup and top with sliced Orange.
- Finish off by dusting with Confectioner's Sugar.