If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The easiest chocolate mousse you will ever make. The secret is silken tofu.... —blackdogfoodblog
- 1/2 pound silken tofu, blended in food processor till smooth
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon expresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 packet 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl and microwave till melt. Important : Take the bowl out every 10 seconds and give it a enough stir. (I did 3 sets of 10 seconds). You can use double boiler to melt chocolate. I’m just too lazy.
- Drain silken tofu and blend in a food processor till smooth.
- Mix tofu, melted chocolate, expresso powder, vanilla extract and sea salt and whisk like there is no tomorrow.
- The mousse is done! See? You can do it with your eyes closed! Now it’s time to make coconut whipped cream : Refrigerate a can of full fat coconut milk for a few hours or overnight.
- Take out ‘Cream’ part. Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract and whisk till soft peak. (You can add some of the coconut whipped cream to the mousse mixture for smoother and milkier texture. )
- To serve, place a scoop of chocolate mousse (slightly chilled), sprinkle tiny bit of sea salt and top with coconut whip cream. Garnish with raspberry and mint leave. (You can place crumbled graham cracker on the bottom for crunching pleasure. )