If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This week we've been busy shopping for and planting flowers and vegetables in the garden and I've been looking for easy meals using ingredients on hand. The other day I checked out the pantry and fridge and found canned clams, clam juice, cannelini beans and grape tomatoes. Made for a nice dinner. —inpatskitchen
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 dry pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes(optional or use more or less depending on your "heat" tolerance)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 6.5 ounce cans chopped clams, drained, broth reserved
- 1 15.5 ounce can cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 8ounce bottles clam juice
- 1 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 12 ounces dry spaghetti or linguini
- In a large saute pan heat the oil and add the cut grape tomatoes. Cook over medium heat for a few minutes until the tomatoes just barely begin to soften.
- Add the garlic, oregano, ground fennel, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper, if using, and continue to saute until the garlic softens and smells fragrant. Stir in the drained clams and beans and heat through.
- While you're making the sauce, heat the reserved clam juice, the bottled clam juice and enough water to cook the pasta.( trust me - you don't need copious amounts of liquid to cook the pasta). Cook the pasta about 2 minutes less than the recommended cooking time.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a cup or two of the liquid, add the pasta to the sauce and as much of the clam liquid as you like.(I like a brothy sauce) Stir in the parsley and serve in bowls.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe that Cleans Out the Fridge
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans