If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Robust variant of classic ragu alla bolognese. —Michael Dergo
- 1 pound Ground pork
- 1 pound Ground veal
- 56 ounces San Marzano Chopped Tomatoes
- 8 Cloves Garlic - Minced
- 1 cup Diced Red Onion
- 1 cup Diced Bell Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Fennel Seeds
- 2 bunches Chopped Basil Leaf
- 4 tablespoons Dried Oregano
- 2 teaspoons Red Pepper Flake
- 12 ounces Grated Parm Reg
- 1 cup Red Table Wine
- 2 cups Half and Half
- Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper
- 2 pounds Spaghetti (or fettuccine or tagliatelle)
- Add olive, salt, pepper, garlic, onions and peppers to large stock pot over medium heat for 5 minutes. Bring to medium high heat and add veal and pork and cook thoroughly breaking up any clumping.
- Add tomatoes, basil, oregano, fennel seeds and crushed pepper flake. Bring to high heat and stir for 10-15 minutes.
- Add wine and continue to stir for 5 minutes; add parm reg and incorporate; add half and half. Simmer for 30 minutes. Reduce to low heat and cover for at least 15 minutes.
- In separate stock pot add water and season with salt and herbs, bring to a boil and cook pasta to al dente. Strain pasta, return to stock pot and season with salt, pepper and add olive oil and toss.
- Add 2 ladles to saucepan over medium high heat and add pasta to sauce pan and toss. Plate and sprinkle with parm reg and dried oregano. Serve and enjoy.