If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Everything I love about those plastic wrapped Little Debbie snacks is taken up a few notches and incorporated into this decadent pie that’s classy enough to eat in public, yet trashy enough to still be delicious..woo-hoo! —[email protected]
- 4 single Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies for garnish
- 1 sheet of frozen pie crust
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup quick cooking Oatmeal
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 12-oz container of whipped white frosting
- 1 7 oz container of Jett Puffed marshmallow fluff
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream/half-n-half
- Place the pie crust into your pie pan and crimp the edges. My edges are ugly “rustic”..lol!
- Unwrap the Oatmeal Cream Pies and cut each of them into 9 pieces and set aside. I may or may not have eaten some of my cut up pieces.
- In a med. bowl, beat the eggs until frothy.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt..add into the eggs and mix well.
- Stir in the corn syrup, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Mix in the Oatmeal until fully incorporated.
- Pour it into the pie shell.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the pie is golden & firm. The smells that this pie creates in your kitchen are incredible!
- Let the pie cool COMPLETELY before you add the frosting! The Oatmeal become this sticky, nutty & chewy top crust..ahhmazing! You could totally eat it like this…if you had to!
- While it’s cooling, make the frosting! In a med. bowl add the powdered sugar, frosting, fluff and heavy cream. With a hand mixer, mix on low speed, until it’s blended, thick and smooth!
- Top the cooled pie with a nice thick layer of the frosting..don’t be shy!
- Stud that pure white frosting with all of the Oatmeal Cream Pie pieces! Slice a big warm, hearty serving!
- Open wide..and enjoy the richest, creamiest, & yummiest treat ever to not be individually wrapped!
More Great Recipes: