If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The trick to this simple recipe is using the highest quality ingredients available. The structure of the ingredients barely changes in the cooking process, so the taste heavily depends on what you use. I traditionally make this at Christmas time, however due to its popularity I have family and friends begging for it year round. —annabj
Makes approx. 20
- 40g whole almonds
- 75g shelled pistachios
- 250g rosewater Turkish delight, coarsely chopped
- 200g marshmallows
- 40g dried cherries
- 450g dark chocolate, melted**
- Preheat oven to 200C. Toast almonds/pistachios on foil-lined tray in oven 5-8 mins, or until brown. Remove/cool.
- Lightly grease two bar cake tins (8cm x 26cm) and line base and sides with baking paper.
- Combine nuts, Turkish delight, marshmallows and cherries in bowl. Stir well and spoon into prepared tins.
- Pour warm chocolate over marshmallow mixture, tapping tins gently to remove air bubbles. **Note: To melt - break chocolate into small pieces and put into glass bowl over pot of simmering water, without base of bowl touching water. Remove when smooth and glossy.
- Refrigerate until set then cut into 3-4cm pieces. Store in airtight container in the fridge.
- Enjoy !!