If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A friend gave me this recipe and it hits all the right spots. My kids love it and to suit their palates I either reduce or omitt the chilli. I then serve it with pickled carrot salad and a very hot chili mayo —jen_c
Makes 6 burgers
- 2 pounds pork mince
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 jalapeño chiles, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon 5 spice powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- To make the patties, combine the pork, garlic, diced chiles, ginger, fish sauce, soy sauce, 5-spice powder, sugar, and lime zest and juice in a bowl, mixing well to incorporate. Divide the mixture into 6 portions and form into round patties.
- Brush the grill rack with vegetable oil. Place the patties on the rack and grill for 6 to 7 minutes per side, until cooked through. Turn the patties 90 degrees halfway through cooking on each side, to attain grill marks.