If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an easy to make poppyseed and cherrycake with a really nice cheesecake topping which makes it even moister and more delicious. —David Fischer
Makes: 1 cake (28 cm)
teaspoon lemon peel
- Whisk the well tempered butter with the sugar and the egg yolks until the miture is airy
- Add the yoghurt, the poppyseed and the peel and blend.
- Whisk the egg whites untill they are firm
- Fold in the egg whites then pour into a prepared spring form baking tin and bake at 180°C for 25 minutes.
curd,quark or low fat cream cheese
teaspoon vanilla sugar
juice and peel of 1/2 a lemon
- Half the cherries and remove the stones the lay them onto the still warm base and arrange them so the base is thoroughly covered.
- Mix together sugar, egg yolks, vanilla sugar, custard powder, juice and peel as well as quark
- Whisk the egg whites then gently fold them into the rest
- Pour over the base and the cherries. If you have any cherries left just dropp them into the mixture now.
- Bake at 180°C for 35 minutes. ( Cover with clingfilm for the last 15 minutes if it gets too dark)