If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My friend shared this with me, perfect for a first time dinner date as you can cook while talking and the pasta sauce is done while the pasta boils. It's also ridiculously easy but seems much more complicated/ professional! —Laura Coxson
pound fresh clams
ounces pasta--linguini or spaghetti best
pinch chili red pepper flakes
pieces garlic cloves
- Put the fresh (closed) clams in a bowl of water with the flour. The clams clean themselves by trying to eat the flour in the bowl. Let sit for about 20 minutes. Clean and wash the parsley. Put a large pot of water with a dash of olive oil, to boil.
- Put the pasta in the boiling water. Chat with your date.
- Once pasta has been added to the boiling water, Cover a 12" frying pan with thin coat of olive oil and put on medium heat. Add the red pepper flakes and thinly sliced garlic. Do not overcook! Once the garlic begins to color add the cleaned clams and a handful of parsley and cover.
- When pasta is finished, al dente, (about 8 minutes) drain. Lift lid on clams/ frying pan and check that most of the clams have opened. Add the pasta and another handful of parsley and a chunk of good butter if the conversation is going well.
- Add salt and pepper as desired. sometimes a squeeze of fresh lemon is nice. Parmesan to top.