I developed this recipe because I wanted to use some chicken sausage but didn't want it to be the focal point of the meal. I also had a hankering for lentils and needed to use up some veggies that were languishing in my fridge' —Quonsetta Rinaldo
- Serves 4
Chicken sausages w/garlic
Toasted sesame oil
Hot sauce of your choosing
In This Recipe
- Slice sausage into thin coins
- Finely chop 3 garlic cloves
- Lightly sauté sausage and garlic in EVOO -- 1 tablespoon
- At the same time, boil or steam lentils until still a bit crunchy -- maybe 10 -15 minutes. Rinse w/ cold water to arrest cooking.
- Add the onion, red pepper, mushrooms and baby kale to sausages. Chop all coarsely before adding. Use whatever other veggies you have on hand. Carrots work great too.
- Stir veggies and sausage together and allow to cook until desired doneness. I prefer mine a bit crunchy still.
- Add cooked lentils to mixture, stir in oregano, remaining EVOO and balsamic vinegar.
- Finish with splashes of toasted sesame oil and hot sauce to taste.