If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I developed this recipe because I wanted to use some chicken sausage but didn't want it to be the focal point of the meal. I also had a hankering for lentils and needed to use up some veggies that were languishing in my fridge' —Quonsetta Rinaldo
- 2 Chicken sausages w/garlic
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Brown lentils
- 1 bunch Baby kale
- 2 teaspoons Fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 splash Toasted sesame oil
- 1 splash Hot sauce of your choosing
- Slice sausage into thin coins
- Finely chop 3 garlic cloves
- Lightly sauté sausage and garlic in EVOO -- 1 tablespoon
- At the same time, boil or steam lentils until still a bit crunchy -- maybe 10 -15 minutes. Rinse w/ cold water to arrest cooking.
- Add the onion, red pepper, mushrooms and baby kale to sausages. Chop all coarsely before adding. Use whatever other veggies you have on hand. Carrots work great too.
- Stir veggies and sausage together and allow to cook until desired doneness. I prefer mine a bit crunchy still.
- Add cooked lentils to mixture, stir in oregano, remaining EVOO and balsamic vinegar.
- Finish with splashes of toasted sesame oil and hot sauce to taste.