If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Potato Chorizo Tacos
- 3 red-skin Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut in to 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 12 ounces chorizo
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 ripe avocado
- 12 warm corn tortillas
- For the salsa: In a food processor, combine the tomatoes, garlic and jalapeno and chop finely. Add the peeled avocado and pulse until well blended. Set aside.
- Add the cubed potatoes with some salt to a pot of boiling water and simmer 10 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Drain and set aside.
- Combine the chorizo and onion in a hot skillet set over medium-high heat and stir regularly until the onion is soft and the sausage is cooked through, around 10 minutes.
- Add the potatoes to the skillet and cook for another 8-10 minutes, until the potatoes begin to brown. Stir occasionally, mashing everything together slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Warm up the corn tortillas in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Spoon the chorizo hash in the center of the tortilla then top with the avocado salsa. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados