If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have yet to find the perfect strawberry cake recipe, but was pair this buttercream with a light vanilla cake and you feel completely satisfied with your strawberry craving. —wineaplenty
Makes enough to generously ice 12 cupcakes or an 8in layer cake.
- 1/2 pound Unsalted Butter (2 sticks)
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 cup Pureed Fresh Strawberries
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- Beat the butter until lightened in color.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar beating after each addition until combined.
- Add in the lemon juice and strawberry puree slowly continuing to beat until combined.
- Add the pinch of salt and beat until light and fluffy.