If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A vegetarian and delicious alternative to beef burgers, which will leave you just as satisfied and feeling even healthier, preferably prepared with brown rice and sauteed spinach. —dumbsaintofthemind
black beans, white onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Tony's Seasoning, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Egg, Bread, Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Tony's Seasoning
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- 4 hamburger buns, or pieces of bread
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
mayonaise, dried basil, paprika, curry, hamburger buns or bread
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 4 buns or slices of while wheat bread
- Mash black beans with a fork in a bowl. Sautee onions with 1 tsp olive oil in a skillet on medium heat, until slightly brown and soft. Add garlic when onions are nearly done, which will be after about 10 minutes. After onion and garlic are cooked, remove from skillet and add to bowl of mashed black beans.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the now-empty skillet on medium heat.
- Mix cooked onions, garlic and 1 egg to mashed beans in the bowl. Add Worcestershire sauce, tony's seasoning, and parsley. Add ground black pepper and salt to taste. Mix well with fork.
- Form black bean mixture into evenly-thick patties. Gently place patties into skillet (only two, maybe three will fit at a time, so plan to cook in shifts).
- While burgers are sauteeing, mix mayo, basil, curry and paprika together in a small bowl to form a consistent sauce. Toast buns or slices of bread.
- Flip burgers after 7-10 minutes, cook on other side for 5-8 minutes. Meanwhile, place toasted bread on plates and lightly spread spiced mayonaise on them.
- Once burgers are browned on both sides, place on bread and serve immediately.