If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had a jam packed day. I had some cleaning to do around the apartment, had 2 meetings at work, run some errands and baby-proof the apartment for my neice’s visit. I started the day with cleaning and next thing I know I had an hour to eat, shower and get ready for the meetings. I opened the fridge and stared at the stuff I had in there for a minute. I grabbed the eggs and decided to make scrambled eggs but realized I didn’t have bread. I need some kind of carb with my eggs. So opened the fridge again…time was running by…and I had a “Chopped” moment where I had to make a meal in 20 with the ingredients I had. I grabbed corn tortillas, veggies, cheese and decided to make it work. And the result was Heuvos Rancheros.
They turned out pretty delicious and I made it on time for the meetings at work. —themessimake.com
- 2 eggs
- 1 small corn tortilla
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Pico de Gallo
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped onions
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Add oil or cooking spray.
- Place the corn tortilla on the pan and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Flip the tortilla.
- Add eggs right on top of the cooked side of the tortilla. (Make sure the yolk doesn’t break when you crack the egg)
- Cook for about 3 minutes and then flip the tortilla+eggs over. Here’s the thing…you don’t have to flip them, but if you’re in a rush, cooking them over easy or over medium would be faster. It does make a bit of a mess when you flip them over, that is the reason why the tortilla is folded over because the egg yolks shifted to one side of the tortilla. It turned into a Huevos Rancheros taco..so easy to eat. Anyway, if you have time, then you can let them cook sunny side up until the egg whites go from clear to white.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for pico de gallo.
- Once the eggs are cooked, place the tortilla+eggs on a plate, add salt and pepper if you want and serve with pico de gallo.