If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love eggs! Since my first attempt at the Huevos Rancheros was decent, I wanted to try them again with hard shell tortillas. I think the hard shell tortilla ones were better. —themessimake.com
Eggs, Tortilla & Black Bean Puree
- 1 small hard shell tortilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil or cooking spray
- 1/2 cup black beans (canned)
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapenos
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pico de gallo
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped onions
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- salt, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients for pico de gallo and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Puree the black beans and jalapenos in a blender.
- Heat oil in a small pan on medium heat, add black bean puree, taco seasoning & crushed red pepper, cook for 2-3 minutes and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan, add oil, add the egg (make sure the yolk doesn’t break when you crack the egg), cover and cook on medium-low heat until the egg whites go from clear to white.
- Put the tortilla in the microwave for 30 seconds on each side. Or you can toast it in a toaster oven for a minute or two.
- Spread the black bean puree on the warm hard shell tortilla, place cooked egg over the puree, add salt and pepper and serve with pico.