If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It is hot. This entire week I haven't wanted to leave my house because it is too darn hot. I needed something for long hard walk (about 10 minutes and I get to stroll through two gardens) to work. This is what I came up with, it's delicious to drink on my way to work, and once I get there I can pull out my fork and go for the fruit which is pleasantly cold and lemony. I put mine in a mason jar because it looks cute and packs easily, but you could use a water bottle or just a glass instead. —Cordelia_N
tablespoons light brown sugar
berries of your choosing (I had strawberries and gooseberries)
shots limoncello (optional)
- Start by washing your berries and your lime, slice the lime as finely as you can. Then remove any stems ans leaves from your berries. If you have something big like strawberries, feel free to cut them into halves or quarters. Place equal amounts of berries and lime slices into each of your two mason jars.
- Add one cup of water to each jar.
- Juice lemons. If you're fancy, perhaps you actually own a juicer. If you are like me and don't have money for anything so luxurious, you can just hand squeeze the lemon juice into the jars.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sugar to each jar. Stir well.
- If you'd like to make a more adult version, add a shot of limoncello. Refridgerate and enjoy!