If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 25 meatballs
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 pound ground beef (not too fatty)
- 1/3 cup dried currants
- 1/4 cup capers
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs (panko or unseasoned plain)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestshire
- 1 tablespoon strong mustard
- 1 large finely grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Chulula or Tabasco sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or 1 chopped preserved lemon
- MUSH MUSH MUSH(hands work best) together in a large bowl. cover with a plate and then let it sit for an hour unrefrigerated.
- Heat small amount of olive oil in a large frying pan until shimmering . form meat mixture into balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter . fry in batches for about 12 minutes, carefully using a spoon to brown all the sides. Remove from heat and let them rest before eating, because you cannot help yourself, or carefully dropping into your favorite tomato sauce. Either way a healthy dose of grated parmesan makes these meatballs a family favorite.