If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: ¬¬¬¬¬I love the refreshing taste of mint in almost everything. The recipe for this salad is my version of the Poulet Au Rie, from one of my favorite restaurants in Hermosa Beach, CA. My Husband and I ate at this restaurant on a weekly basis when I lived in Southern California. There have been many times I begged for the recipe, offered money for the recipe, I even paid $100.00 per month for a weekly delivery and the owner would not budge with any hint on how the dressing is made. With lots of testing and practice I learned to make my own version which on some days tastes better than the salad I was addicted to. Beware this salad is addicting. I know people who drive an hour out of their way just to have this salad. —ChowBella76
Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice (about 3 lemons)
- 1/3 cup Italian Parsley (Fresh)
- 1 sprig Mint (Fresh) - Remove the stem
- 5-6 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Sumac (optional and is the secret ingredient )
- Add all ingredients to a food processer and pulse until pureed. Save the dressing on the side until salad is prepared and ready to be tossed.
- 2 Heads of Romaine chopped
- 2 Roasted Chicken Breast shredded (Rotisserie chicken is best)
- 2 cups Cooked Rice Pilaf (Near East Original is the best)
- 1 cup Roma Tomatoes diced
- 1 cup Persian or pickling cucumber diced
- 1 1/2 cups Baked Pita chips (Nancy’s is a great brand)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Chicken: Rotisserie chicken from your local market will do just fine. Cooked Rice Pilaf: add to the salad when warm. Build the salad starting with the lettuce , add rice pilaf , cucumber , tomato , chicken, pita chips and parmesan cheese . Toss everything together and serve
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
More Great Recipes: