Author Notes: I was inspired to create this soup while reading the book "Eat Fat, Lose Fat" by Dr. Mary Enig & Sally Fallon. Halfway through page eight, the idea for this soup struck me and I immediately jumped up and rushed off to make it!
This soup is rich, delicious and satisfying but not so heavy that I didn't eat two bowls of it! —LornaFarris
large yellow onion
tablespoon coconut oil
teaspoon sea salt
teaspoon yellow curry powder
ounces chicken stock
cups coconut milk
pinches red chili flakes
- Melt the butter and coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Finely dice the onion and add to the saucepan. Cook on medium heat (stirring occasionally) just until the onions begin to caramelize.
- Once the onions have caramelized slightly, add the salt and curry powder and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. (At this point the soup can be pureed if desired.)
- Ladle into soup bowls. Spoon at least 2+ Tbsp of coconut milk into the center of each bowl. Lightly swirl with a spoon to combine. Sprinkle with a pinch of red chili flakes. Serve immediately!