If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was inspired to create this soup while reading the book "Eat Fat, Lose Fat" by Dr. Mary Enig & Sally Fallon. Halfway through page eight, the idea for this soup struck me and I immediately jumped up and rushed off to make it!
This soup is rich, delicious and satisfying but not so heavy that I didn't eat two bowls of it! —LornaFarris
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 16 ounces chicken stock
- 1/4-1/2 cups coconut milk
- 2 pinches red chili flakes
- Melt the butter and coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Finely dice the onion and add to the saucepan. Cook on medium heat (stirring occasionally) just until the onions begin to caramelize.
- Once the onions have caramelized slightly, add the salt and curry powder and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. (At this point the soup can be pureed if desired.)
- Ladle into soup bowls. Spoon at least 2+ Tbsp of coconut milk into the center of each bowl. Lightly swirl with a spoon to combine. Sprinkle with a pinch of red chili flakes. Serve immediately!
More Great Recipes: