Author Notes: This is a refreshing, easy and minty salad that people just love. The inspiration for this is from Nahid's friend Rick who brings it to every bbq. I've added a feta and mint to his basic salad. —Judy at My Well Seasoned Life
Makes: a bowl full
Medium seedless watermelon cut into squares
Medium red onion sliced very thin
pound Hard feta crumbled
Lemon zested and juiced
cup Mint leaves chiffonade
- Place watermelon squares, sliced onions, feta, mint and lemon zest in a medium bowl. Toss.
- Add lemon juice. Taste if you think you need more add. Add salt and pepper.
- Place a bed of watercress on a salad plate. Add a pile of watermelon salad on top.
- If you are making this in advance, do not add lemon or salt until ready to serve. These ingredients tend to leach out the water from the melon.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint