Author Notes: One year for Mother's day, my mom received a chocolate mint plant. Other than tea, we did not know what to do with the abundance of mint it produced. So I began to experiment! I have experimented with many different recipes from several sources including all recipes.com, cooks.com and my pastry instructor Chef L. This recipe is a result of combinations and evolution of over a dozen sources. It is rich and fudgey and does not need to be frosted. —CE Duckett
Makes: one 13x9 pan
ounces good quality baking chocolate
cups granulated sugar
Chocolate mint leaves
cup AP flour
cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350F Spray 9x13 pan with baking spray, line BOTTOM with parchment paper
- In Food Processor, pule sugar & mint leaves until mint is finely blended into sugar. pour into mixing bowl, set aside
- In heavy saucepan melt butter and Baking chocolate. Stirring often until melted. remove from heat. Pour over mint sugar.
- Stir sugar and chocolate until fully incorporated. Let cool 5 min.
- Beat in eggs , one at a time, incorporating fully after each egg.
- Stir in salt and flour until just mixed. Do not over mix, this make the brownies tough.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan. Bake 30-35 min, or until tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan.
- Cut and serve.