Author Notes: This simple yet sophisticated salad relies on summer staples - watermelon, heirloom tomatoes and mint. It makes a great starter or refreshing side dish for grilled meats. —getyouryummyback
- 4 cups cubed watermelon, seeds removed
- 2 cups yellow heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the watermelon and tomato chunks in a bowl and sprinkle with sea salt. Gently mix to combine. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Toast the sliced almonds by placing them on a baking sheet in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Combine the feta cheese and mint with the watermelon mixture. Sprinkle with the toasted almonds and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint