Author Notes: I've tried a couple of the granola recipes here, but my mother's is still my favorite. You can change it up by using your favorite nuts, seeds or fruit —riv
Makes 4 or so cups
- 9 ounces Old fashioned oats
- 8 ounces slivered almonds
- 4 ounces wheat germ (optional)
- 7 ounces sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- honey to taste
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup oil
- walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, pecans, or whatever you like
- raisins, craisins, chopped apricots, dried cherries, etc.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Toss with honey and oil and spread on lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees, tossing every 10 minutes to prevent burning, for 30 minutes, or until evenly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Toss in dried fruit.