Author Notes: This is from Robbie's Recipe Collection (http://recipes.robbiehaf.com) and in its original form. You can make this in half the time it takes to schlep to your local pizzeria AND it's crispy. —Africancook
ounces pack active dry yeast
teaspoon granulated sugar
cup water at 110 degrees F
cups all purpose flour
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in water, allow to rest for 8 minutes.
- In a separate bowl combine flour and salt.
- Pour yeast mixture over flour mixture and combine well with a heavy spoon.
- Turn dough on to a floured surface and knead for 2 minutes.
- Working from edges to centre, press dough into a 12-inch circle.
- Place dough on lightly greased pizza pan and stretch dough to edges.
- Spread sauce of choice over crust and top with cheese and other desired items.
- Bake in a 500 F oven for 8 - 12 minutes or until edges are golden.
More Great Recipes: