Author Notes: This is from Robbie's Recipe Collection (http://recipes.robbiehaf.com) and in its original form. You can make this in half the time it takes to schlep to your local pizzeria AND it's crispy. —Africancook
- 25 ounces pack active dry yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water at 110 degrees F
- 1.75 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in water, allow to rest for 8 minutes.
- In a separate bowl combine flour and salt.
- Pour yeast mixture over flour mixture and combine well with a heavy spoon.
- Turn dough on to a floured surface and knead for 2 minutes.
- Working from edges to centre, press dough into a 12-inch circle.
- Place dough on lightly greased pizza pan and stretch dough to edges.
- Spread sauce of choice over crust and top with cheese and other desired items.
- Bake in a 500 F oven for 8 - 12 minutes or until edges are golden.
More Great Recipes: Pizza