If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was in the mood for pancakes but I did not have pancake mix and I did not feel like going to the grocery store. I did not have maple syrup, so I ended up using agave nectar, which was a great substitute! I also did not have eggs, so I resorted to the vegan version and just substituted soy milk with 2% milk. (I should go grocery shopping :-P). I googled a few recipes and got an overview of the ingredients. This is a simple recipe and took me just a few minutes to put it together. I will never buy pancake mix...ever. The pancakes were perfect and my hubby said they were the best pancakes he's ever had. Woahh! —themessimake.com
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk (of your choice)
- 1 sliced banana
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- pinches salt
- Agave Nectar or Maple Syryp
- Heat an electric griddle at 350° F or a non-stick pan on medium heat. I used an electric griddle.
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar and salt) in a bowl.
- Add oil & milk and mix until smooth.
- On the greased (I used cooking spray) electric griddle or a pan, pour 1/4 cup of batter at a time (makes 4 small pancakes). When they start to bubble (2-3 minutes), sprinkle chopped almonds and flip them over carefully and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with sliced bananas and syrup.