Author Notes: These lamb sliders were inspired by the Lamb Burger I had at The Breslin in NYC, the gastropub owned by British chef, April Bloomfield. The salty feta is the perfect accompaniment to the meaty lamb. It's deliciously simple, yet hearty, just like what you'd expect at any London pub. —daisyt13
Makes: 6 sliders
teaspoons ground cumin, more or less, to taste
pound ground lamb
salt and freshly ground pepper
olive oil, as needed
thick slices Greek feta cheese
red onion, thinly slice, to taste
mini or "slider" buns
- Preheat cast-iron pan over medium-high heat.
- Combine the mayonnaise and ground cumin in a bowl and set aside.
- Season lamb with salt (not too much since the feta cheese might be salty) and pepper and shape into 6 mini patties.Brush each of the patties with a little olive oil and cook to your desired temperature, about 2-3 minutes each side for medium-rare depending on thickness, turning once.
- While the lamb is cooking on one side of the cast iron pan, place the buns on the other side of the pan to toast.
- To assemble the sliders, spread the cumin mayonnaise on the bottom buns. Arrange the lamb patties on top and place a slice of feta cheese on top and garnish with red onions. Serve with extra crispy french fries.