If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A vegetarian version of the ultimate bar snack. —theboredvegetarian
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1 Package Gimme Lean Ground “Sausage”
- 1 quart Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Sage, chopped
- 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2-3 cups Breadcrumbs
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Whole Grain Mustard for Dipping
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and begin to heat oil in a deep-fryer to 375 degrees.
- Place four eggs in a sauce pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, cover and remove from heat, letting the eggs sit for about 10 minutes. Drain water and allow eggs to cool. Peel shell and set eggs aside.
- Remove “sausage” from wrapper and place in bowl. Using you hands, mix in fresh herbs, salt & pepper to taste until well incorporated. Divide the mixture into four and flatten each piece with your hands into a circle - make it as thin as you can without breaking it. Wrap the mixture around each egg and roll until egg is covered evenly.
- In a bowl, whisk remaining eggs until light yellow. Moving quickly, roll each egg/”sausage” ball lightly in flour, dip in egg mixture and roll in breadcrumbs. Repeat egg and breadcrumbs step again and set ball aside. Repeat for remaining eggs.
- Deep fry two at a time, carefully turning until browned evenly. Remove from oil an drain on a paper towel. Place on a baking sheet and put into the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly.
- Serve with mustard on the side.