If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is based on a recipe from the Greek Island of Samos that matches up great with Yogurt & Tahini Sauce! Try them as appetizers or snacks with beer or white wine! You can soak and boil the chick peas or used canned ones. I like Organic canned ones that are preserved in soy water. —Julie Yefsi
Makes 30 patties
- 1 can or 300 grams (soaked & boiled) chick peas
- 3 medium onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon estragon
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups self rising flour (add more if needed)
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup ouzo or mastic liqueur
- 12 pieces medium shrimp boiled and peeled
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil for the mix and extra Oil for frying
- Chop the onions, the garlic and the parsley
- Boil, peel and clean the shrimp. Chop them in small byte size pieces
- In a blender mix the chopped onions and garlic add the chick peas and blend together.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add the seasoning, the estragon, the water and mix. Add the flour a spoon at a time and continue to mix. Add the ouzo or liquer, the shrimp and finally the parsley and one tablespoon of olive oil. Your mix should be a thick batter.
- Shape into patties and fry them in very hot oil.
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 4-5 drops of lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- In a bowl mix all ingredients very well.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pub Food