Author Notes: This ricotta recipe is failproof and can even be speeded up in time. It's a way to make delicious cheese.
gallon whole milk
tablespoons lemon juice
tablespoon white vinegar
In This Recipe
- Heat up the 1/2 gallon whole milk in a large skillet or ceramic cast iron dish like a Le Crueset. Heat until 180 degrees using a candy thermometer or an instant read thermometer. You can also note when the milk is about to heat to about boiling (heavy simmering).
- Once the temperature hits 180 degrees remove from heat and add the lemon juice and vinegar. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the salt and stir for another 30 seconds.
- Cover with a clean towel for one hour.
- Strain through 2 layers of cheesecloth with a stainer. Tie up with a piece of string. Squeeze out the excess liquid for 30 minutes and it is done!