If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This ricotta recipe is failproof and can even be speeded up in time. It's a way to make delicious cheese.
- 1/2 gallon whole milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat up the 1/2 gallon whole milk in a large skillet or ceramic cast iron dish like a Le Crueset. Heat until 180 degrees using a candy thermometer or an instant read thermometer. You can also note when the milk is about to heat to about boiling (heavy simmering).
- Once the temperature hits 180 degrees remove from heat and add the lemon juice and vinegar. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the salt and stir for another 30 seconds.
- Cover with a clean towel for one hour.
- Strain through 2 layers of cheesecloth with a stainer. Tie up with a piece of string. Squeeze out the excess liquid for 30 minutes and it is done!