This recipe is inspired by the delicious healing soup at Amitabul in Chicago, IL.
This recipe is inspired by the delicious healing soup at Amitabul in Chicago, IL.—RootPursuits
ounces Dried, thin Udon noodles
Baby Portabella mushrooms, sliced 1/4" thick
medium size Zucchini, cut length-wise and sliced 1/4" thick
cup Extra firm tofu, cubed 1/2" cubes
teaspoon Chili garlic sauce, or sriracha
Garlic clove, minced
teaspoons Not Chicken Broth, *vegan, optional
teaspoons vegetable oil
In This Recipe
- Cook the noodles in boiling water then rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Add oil to saute pan and heat over medium. Add zucchini and mushrooms, cook 3 minutes. Then add scallions and garlic and cook an additional two minutes. Just to soften the vegetables. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add water with bouillon to a large pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling add tofu, kimchi, chili paste and vegetables and reduce to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add udon noodles and cook for another minute or two and your ready to serve. Garnish with some sliced scallions and more chili paste if you need more heat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy