Author Notes: This recipe is inspired by the delicious healing soup at Amitabul in Chicago, IL. —RootPursuits
ounces Dried, thin Udon noodles
Baby Portabella mushrooms, sliced 1/4" thick
medium size Zucchini, cut length-wise and sliced 1/4" thick
cup Extra firm tofu, cubed 1/2" cubes
teaspoon Chili garlic sauce, or sriracha
Garlic clove, minced
teaspoons Not Chicken Broth, *vegan, optional
teaspoons vegetable oil
- Cook the noodles in boiling water then rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Add oil to saute pan and heat over medium. Add zucchini and mushrooms, cook 3 minutes. Then add scallions and garlic and cook an additional two minutes. Just to soften the vegetables. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add water with bouillon to a large pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling add tofu, kimchi, chili paste and vegetables and reduce to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add udon noodles and cook for another minute or two and your ready to serve. Garnish with some sliced scallions and more chili paste if you need more heat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy
More Great Recipes: