If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We make Greek salads often around here, especially in the summer when the ingredients are so fresh and available. Normally I make the dressing with dried herbs, but with the garden full of fresh ones, I thought a new variation might work...Make your salad "Detroit" style by adding sliced roasted beets! —inpatskitchen
Makes about 3/4 cup
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 large basil leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Place all ingredients in a mini food processor and process until almost smooth. (The feta may not all smooth out and you'll see little flecks of the herbs)
- Toss the vinaigrette with you favorite Greek salad ingredients: lettuce, red onion, feta, kalamata olives, cucumbers, tomatoes...even sliced radishes and beets if you like!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar