Author Notes: My spin on the classic raspberry lime rickey drink. It starts with Jeni's base (except that I go a little higher butterfat: 2 cups of cream, 1.25 cups of 1% milk), adding a lime syrup and a raspberry swirl.
I've often said that I would drink turpentine if you put enough lime juice into it. Don't -- have this instead.. —bgporter
Makes: about 1 quart
cup fresh lime juice
- Combine the lime juice and 2tbs sugar in a saucepan and heat until the sugar is dissolved. Chill completely.
- Combine the raspberries with the 2/3 cup sugar and cook until much of the liquid has evaporated and the berries have cooked down and softened. You want to continue until the mixture has a very jammy consistency.
- Force the raspberry swirl through a fine mesh sieve to remove the seeds and chill completely.
- Make the ice cream base as directed and chill completely.
- When you're ready to spin the ice cream, add the base into the machine first, then add the lime syrup in as it spins. The texture will get weird for a minute, then it should even out.
- When the ice cream is done spinning, put it into a freezer container, adding spoons of the raspberry swirl and swirling it about as you go. Freeze overnight and eat!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream
More Great Recipes:
Ice Cream/Frozen Desserts