If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Rich Vanilla bean ice cream studded with bourbon soaked cherries with a rich swirl of espresso chocolate fudge. —yankeebakes
Makes 1 qt
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 4 teaspoons Corn Starch
- 1 1/4 cups Heavy Cream
- 2 2/3 cups Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3 tablespoons Cream Cheese
- 1 cup fresh cherries soaked in favorite bourbon
- 8 ounces favorite dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Instant Espresso
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- Follow the instructions for Jenni's base ice cream - INSTRUCTIONS In a bowl, stir together 1/4 cup milk and the cornstarch; set slurry aside. In a 4-qt. saucepan, whisk together 1 3/4 cup milk and the cream,2/3 cup sugar, and 1/4 tsp salt; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 4 minutes; stir in slurry. Return to a boil and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Place cream cheese in a bowl and pour in 1/4 cup hot milk mixture; whisk until smooth. Then whisk in remaining milk mixture. Add in 1 tsp vanilla. Pour mixture into a plastic bag; seal, and submerge in a bowl of ice water until chilled. Pour mixture into an ice cream maker; process according to manufacturer's instructions. Transfer ice cream to a storage container and freeze until set.
- For fudge sauce - Melt chocolate and butter in a large, heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Add 2 cups sugar and espresso, and cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds or until blended. Add 2/3 cup milk, and cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated and sugar is dissolved. (Do not boil.) Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract and 1/8 tsp salt. Cover and chill sauce up to 2 weeks.
- Once ice cream is set layer ice cream, fudge and cherries. Freeze overnight.