Author Notes: As a girl, my dad would buy us whole coconuts frequently. We would all clamor down to the basement and watch him hammer it open as we discussed the size of our coconut pieces. As a big nut lover, my dad would always mix nuts in whenever possible. The chilled coconut meat and almond flavor of these times inspired the creation of this pure and essential recipe. These two flavors work together to bring out the fresh coconut flavor. —AveryM
cups Unsweetened coconut milk
cup white sugar
teaspoons almond extract
tablespoons light corn syrup
cups heavy whipping cream
cup thin sliced almonds
cup fresh coconut meat
- Comine coconut milk, sugar, and almond extract.
- Stir mixture until the sugar is mostly absorbed into the milk mixture.
- Then add in the corn syrup and heavy whipping cream.
- Mix all ingredients well. A blender also works very well for this.
- Place mixture in an ice-cream maker until solid. Serve after the ic cream has been in the freezer for 4 hours. Then top with sliced almonds and coconut meat and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream
More Great Recipes:
Ice Cream/Frozen Desserts